Alright, alright, alright, for those of you who are actually checking my blog regularly, I know it's been a while since I blogged. Sorry!!! =P
I had a very nutty weekend. Yes, it was completely my doing. (As if that should surprise anyone!) =)
The Camp Cherith Board of Directors retreat was in Lake Arrowhead, but I'd also bought tickets for Mamma Mia months and months ago and there were 25 of us going! Luckily, the board president was understanding and they were okay with me leaving the retreat to go to the show and go back that evening.
Well, I ended up driving 400 miles. Yikes! It was well worth it though! And for this rabid ABBA fan, like I tell everyone, it's the closest I will ever get to seeing them perform live, especially since they turned down a billion dollars to reunite and tour!
The retreat was pretty overwhelming. I didn't realize just how much goes into being a member of the Board of Directors. So, 2003 is shaping up to be a pretty busy year for me. I already know that I'll be going up and down the mountain to Camp Cherith 4 times, maybe more.
Because of my commitment to Camp Cherith, I've had to back out of any involvement with ICC. I would love to serve on the worship team, but I can't serve on the Ad Board and Committee like I did this last year. This means the end of a 3 year involvement with the ministry. It is a little sad because there are people that I've been working with for 3 years that I won't have as much contact with anymore.
(A little plug here....for any of you women out there, there's an awesome Women's Retreat at Camp Cherith every year in March so, save the date!)
I'm having coffee with an old friend (who used to be a very good friend) tonight. I haven't really had any contact with this person (aside from the occasional e-mail) for probably about 3 years and a lot of that is due to this person's significant other and insecurities the SO has with regard to me, which are completely ludicrous. Not quite sure what to expect since the invitation to hang out was very unexpected.
Why is it that friendships with someone of the opposite sex can be so complicated? It seems to be pretty rare that you see friendships between men and women which are truly platonic. More often than not, it seems that one party has designs/interest and the other doesn't. And that's not truly/purely a friendship. I have definitely experienced true/pure platonic friendship with men, and for obvious reasons, none of those relationships ever looked like dating relationships. But, those are fairly few and far between.
As of late, I've been feeling rather blah about a lot of my relationships. I've also been feeling like I've been way too busy and need to slow down. (And you know that if I, the self-proclaimed flaming extrovert, am at that point, then I'm really run-down!) I'd like to spend more time with my godsons down in Orange County, but haven't. There are friends that I hardly see anymore (like the gals who used to be in my Bible study before we split) and it's hard to not feel like those friendships are falling by the wayside because we don't have as regular contact anymore.
But, the Lord has blessed me with an awesome new Bible study and we've been having a really good time so far! We finally got our new Bible study guide (Experiencing God's Peace by Elizabeth George) on the book of Philippians. I'm excited about it because it looks like it will, pretty systematically, take us through the entire book of Philippians. I don't care for Bible study guides which take the Scripture out of context.
Oh, so, I got a crazy idea to try to learn how to knit. As if the crocheting isn't enough! haha =) We'll see how I do. I think that a lot of times, and this is true in so many areas of my life, I'm very lofty in my goals. I can never start with baby steps....I have to try to do the most difficult thing from the beginning. Some times, I succeed, other times, I fail, and because I'm a first-born who is also a discouraged perfectionist, if I don't do it perfectly the first time, I don't ever bother trying again. Of course, the thought occurs to me that if I were to not bite off more than I could chew, I'd probably succeed more than I'd fail. Hm.....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home