More about the termites!
Alright, well, my situation gets even worse.
I found out today that because we probably won't be cleared to re-enter the building (aka my house!) on Saturday until noon at the earliest, chances of the gas company coming out to turn the gas back on are very slim given that they only give you a time slot, on Saturdays, of 7am to 5pm. Grrreat.....
And they don't come out on Sundays. Can't say I blame 'em.
So, that means that the only alternative is Monday, which means that I have to take a vacation day to deal with this. Argh. Much annoyed.
It works out fine for me because I'm at pre-camp training this weekend until Sunday. But, this means that my roommates, should they decide to re-enter the building on Saturday, will be without hot water, no stove, and no oven, until Monday. I don't know about them, but I would so not be okay with not showering for 2 days!
And the whole reason that the gas company now insists on sending someone out to turn the gas main off is because of what happened a few years ago in Torrance...the fumigation company failed to (yeah, just a tiny OOPS!) turn the gas main off and the house that was being tented basically exploded and the entire building was flattened!!! All that was left was the concrete foundation! "But all we wanted was to get rid of the termites!!!"
Talk about a major "D'oh!" moment!!! "Didn't you turn the gas main off?" "No, I thought you did!"
So, because of that debacle, the gas company now insists on having someone come out to turn the gas main off, which then requires them to send someone out to turn it back on! Well, I guess that means more jobs and/or more job security for some folks out there!
I guess if I'd realized that were the case, I would've then tried to have the tenting done from Wednesday so that we could get back in the building on Friday and then have the gas company come out on Saturday to turn the gas back on. Oh, but, that would've meant being up at 7 to let them in and possibly getting stuck at home until 5pm.
Okay, so, never mind....I take it all back...I'm okay with having to not go to work for a day so that this can get taken care of. I'd rather do that than give up my Saturday. hahhahahahah =) (I sure hope no one at work is reading this!) LOL =)
So, I guess when I look at it that way, it's allllllll goooooooood. =)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home