Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Alright, so, I decided that I'm going to try to keep up with this blogger thing.

Work's been crazy because of finals. They started on April 29th and today, May 18th, is the last day of makeup exams. Everytime I tell people that our finals last for nearly 3 weeks, they're like, "3 weeks?! That's so long!" I'm like, "Yeah, tell me about it!" I'm pretty much here for every minute of every exam. I'm really starting to feel my age because finals have totally worn me down!

Speaking of age, I turned 31 last Thursday. Even though work was pretty stressful because it was the last 1L exam, it was a really fun day! I wore my pimp hat that Heidi made for my birthday last year! I've decided that I'm going to wear it every year on my birthday! What I hadn't anticipated was just how much that blazing red hat lifted many law students' spirits on the last day of finals! It certainly brought smiles to a lot of peoples' faces! =)

I went out to dinner at Red Robin (one of my all time favorite restaurants!) with a bunch of girlfriends! I took the day off work the next day (graduation here at USC is absolutely nutty and I avoid it like the plague!) so my roommate, Carey and I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain! It was about 95 degrees outside so it was quite warm. But, the park was the emptiest I'd ever seen it! We got there a little later than I would've liked, but we were able to get on the rides we wanted to ride. The park closed at 6 because of some country music event that was going on that night so we headed home. Originally, the plan was to stop at Pinks for a Polish chili dog and nacho cheese chili fries but I was so done with standing in line that I suggested we just go home and grab Chipotle for dinner. Carey had a race the next morning so she went to bed early. I stayed up and watched some of the Cirque Du Soleil stuff on Bravo that I'd taped.

I got to sleep in on Saturday morning (finally!) but then I had to get my butt in gear to run errands and buy stuff that I needed for Rita's bridal shower at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. Plus, I also had to stop at La Provenece Patisserie to pick up my birthday cake for my "surprise" birthday party that was taking place that night. The party was a blast! It was a smaller crowd than in previous years but that's okay. We were at Dave & Buster's in Irvine and had a private room! Rena did a ton of stuff for the party! She must've spent a lot of time preparing for it! Wow! I sure felt special!

On Sunday, Dorcas and I were planning on going to church and then brunch afterwards and then hang out and watch movies all afternoon. Well, I had completely forgotten, when we planned to hang out, that Carey had a scrapbooking workshop going on so we weren't going to be able to watch movies in the living room. Plus, I was a total space cadet and told her to get to my house at 11 so that we could walk to church and then go to lunch afterwards, but church started at 11! So, we just went to brunch and then did some shopping. I had to pick up some embroidery floss for a cross stitching project (I decided to go back to cross stitching for now) and Dorcas decided that she might want to try her hand at cross stitching so she bought a project! (She didn't quite catch on to crocheting!) I decided that I need to organize all my floss so I spent 4 hours just winding floss onto bobbins! I didn't realize that it would take that long!

After dinner with my family, I went home, showered, and was ready for bed by 9pm. Well, I thought to myself, "Heck, I could spend an hour organizing the floss and then I'll go to bed!" WRONG! hahahhahah =) I went to bed at 1am! Ack!

I got to hang out with Rita and her fiancee, Chris, last night. It was a lot of fun! And it's so cool 'cuz they're literally like, half a mile from my house! So it'll be cool to have them living so close by once they get married!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home