Well, I guess it takes getting me out of the country to blog regularly, huh? hahahah =)
Jen and I found our way to Valencia today. Luckily, it wasn´t as awful an experience as driving around in Granada was. Although, I do have to say that I think part of the reason it was so frustrating in Granada was because we got there right as everyone was heading home for siesta.
Y´know, I´m sure this siesta thing is great for the Spaniards. Heck, I mean, I´d love to have a siesta back home every day! But, for us tourists, it´s inconvenient because we can´t do any shopping during that time!
Anyways, I digress. After driving around the city a few times, we somehow ended up in a different part of the city and found a parking structure that happened to be really close to where we wanted to be. Whew!
The first place we went to was the cathedral where they have what is supposed to be the Holy Grail. I guess these things are more important in Catholicism than in Protestantism. Anyways, after we took a look around the cathedral, we climbed 270 steps to the top of the bell tower. Man, that was tiring!
After that, we went and got churros con chocolate. Man, I wish they would do churros at home like this! I took a picture of what it looks like...I´ll post it when I get home. (I took pictures of almost all the food we ate!)
We then went in search of ceramics. Both our travel books said that Valencia is the city of ceramics. We found a little bit of stuff and were very surprised that there wasn´t more! We were rather disappointed. Oh, and add to that the fact that we didn´t get to see the Water Tribunal meet, in spite of the fact that my book said that without fail, the water tribunal meets outside the cathedral at noon every Thursday! It´s pretty cool...they´ve been meeting for the last thousand years or so to regulate water usage by farmers in Valencia.
Since we didn´t find any ceramics and didn´t get to see the water tribunal, we went to lunch. That was rather disappointing, even though we got a lot of food for our money....2 course meal plus dessert, all for 9 Euros!
So, we then headed back to Calpe and stopped at a ceramics place we had run across our first day here. Good thing, too, ´cuz we were able to get everything we didn´t get in Valencia! My bag is gonna be heavy!!!
I think we´re both pretty tired so we´re just staying in tonight. Tomorrow, we´re gonna go to Villajoyosa, where there is a chocolate museum, and go to Guadalest, where they have some pretty cool ruins, or something like that.
Then, we´re gonna go back to Fox´s Bar tomorrow night. The owner told us to come back by to see them before we headed back to Madrid!
Then, we´re driving to Madrid on Saturday AM! Then, we´ll be heading outta here on Sunday! Although, if US Airways offers travel vouchers and/or cash to take a flight on Monday, I´m totally gonna do it! Last time I was here, I turned down $1000 ($600 cash and $400 travel voucher)!! We´ll just have to see how full the flight is though.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home