Just arrived in Seattle!
So, my good friend, Ddub (aka Dorcas) and I arrived in Seattle in the late afternoon. My flight got in around 5 (got delayed) and her flight arrived at 5:45. Wow, it sure was hot hot hot! I think the pilot said that it was 97! Seattle gets this hot???
We found our way to the bus stop and luckily for us, the bus we needed to get on had just arrived! So it was $1.25 each to get to our hotel! Nice! We'll be using the King County Metro system quite a bit during our stay!
When we got up to the check-in counter, the lady commented that all there was available was a room with one queen bed and we kinda hesitated. That would've been fine with me, but I guess the lady interpreted the hesitation as "We would like a room with 2 beds" so she went ahead and gave us a room with 2 queen beds! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
We had dinner reservations at an Argentinian restaurant called the Buenos Aires Grill. Dorcas had suggested, when we planned this trip, that we see what Rachael Ray had to recommend for food! So, I looked at the Food Network website and found that she had a Tasty Travels episode on Seattle! And one of her stops was this restaurant! The dish that she recommended is called the parrillada--it's a family style plate of BBQ meat! It's kinda like Brazilian BBQ, but just not all you can eat. Wow, the meat was awesome! Well, okay, with the exception of one particular meat which turned out to not be meat at all. It kinda looked like chicken, but it most certainly did not taste like chicken.
We asked our waiter, Jorge, what it was and he said that it was the hypothalamus gland from the cow. Who knew that you could even eat that! I think I can confidently say that neither Dorcas nor I would care to repeat that experience. I'm glad, though, that I didn't know what it was before I ate it 'cuz I definitely wouldn't have tried it if I'd known what it was!
They even had live tango performances during dinner! But the downside was that the tables were so close together and the room was such that you really couldn't see what they were doing. I can't even imagine having to manuever between all those tables!
Oh! We were totally tripping out that at 8:50, it looked like it was about 6 pm outside! Then it made sense why it was so stinkin' hot at 5pm! The sun stays up longer here! Man, tomorrow's gonna suck.
We'd taken the bus to the restaurant but we were so full from dinner that we decided that we needed to take a walk back to the hotel. The walk back was a lot shorter than we'd anticipated it to be! We'll be doing a lot of walking while we're here. That's definitely a good thing 'cuz of all the food that we're planning on ingesting! Our trip has basically been planned, not surprisingly, around our meals. haha :)
Alright, well, we're calling it an early evening so we can sleep in and then get going tomorrow.
On the itinerary for tomorrow:
- Top Pot Doughnuts (for breakfast)
- Pike Place Market
- Pioneer Square
- Ivar's Acres of Clams (for lunch)
- Underground Tour (we're actually going on the Underworld Tour)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home