Wow, some folks out there really can't spell!!
So, I've been back on Match.com for a few months now and after browsing all the profiles out there, I decided that I'm going to post all the misspellings and grammatical errors that I see, given that they jump out at me like neon lights in a dark alley. What it should have been, if the word they used is actually a word, is in parantheses.
Now, I do have to say that if English isn't one's first language, then yeah, I can understand that. But if it is?? Come on, people!!
Okay, and as my friend, CC, pointed out, perhaps it's that people are typing faster than they're thinking and they're missing a letter or they transpose letters...but, like she said, "But PROOFREAD before you publish, people!!" heheh =)
So, here you go...the list will grow...
New Yourk
descent (decent)
IM (I'M)
liers (liars)
basicly
dont
possesive
thats (that's)
speciment
prefect (perfect)
loss (lose)
acent
weather (whether)
to (too)
hottubbing
familair
finacials
Technecial
your (when it should've been you're...can't tell you how many times I've seen that!)
peoples (people's)
finnish (finish)
definately
Startbucks
Its (it's)
dont
Ill
mid 30ths


1 Comments:
The "your/you're" one is one of my pet peeves. So the question is: how many points does someone loose if thay cant spel or at leest run a spel cheker? :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home