Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Just some random thoughts

When I hear about friends having problems in their marriages, it makes me really glad to be single. When I see friends and family with their kids when their kids aren't little angels, I'm really glad to be single.

But, then again, it would've been nice to have someone to go through the whole tenting thing with. Someone I could've commiserated with, bagged the food with.

When people always talk about the grass being greener on the other side, I always tell them that it looks like grass on the other side and then you get there and realize it's astroturf. hahaha =)

I've come to the conclusion that you really can't compare being married to being single. That's comparing apples to oranges. It's not better to be one or the other. Each has its own benefits and challenges. It's society that makes us singletons feel like we're "lesser" or "incomplete" because we're not married. Heck, it's not just society, it's our families, and it's even our churches.

So, in the meantime, I try to live my life as fully as I possibly can. If it's God's will for me to get there, I don't doubt it'll happen, even if I think it's impossible. Just like when I was in the process of buying my house. There were what seemed to be some tremendous obstacles, but He paved the way. He made it happen and only He could have made it happen.

I think about a lesson from a Bible study I was in 5-6 years ago. It talked about faith and that we should look to the past to see how God has always been faithful to us in the past to know and have confidence that He will continue to be nothing but faithful to us in the future.

That, I know in my head. I don't always feel it in my heart though.

Lord, I believe...help my unbelief.

1 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 8:32 PM, Blogger lugerpitt said...

I agree. I am not too much about the feel good vibes type thing, but the idea of having someone to go through life together is nice. My own nightmare is where noone cares or notices if you are alive or dead, the type of thing where someone is dead in an apartment for a week before anyone notices they are gone *shiver*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home