I'm officially an auntie now!
A great big welcome to Ethan Chang!!
My nephew, Ethan Chang, made his appearance into this world last night, October 21, 2005, at 8:00pm, weighing in at 6 pounds 15 ounces and 18.5 inches in length! He was 2 weeks early!! And Joyce only had 5 hours of labor! She totally lucked out! Her water broke at 3pm and 5 hours later, Ethan was born! He's so little!
I stayed and watched all that stuff they do to newborns--cleaning, checking all his parts, giving him a shot of something or other, so on and so forth. Man, there's a lot of paperwork that has to be filled out! And the kid screamed the entire time! He's got quite a set of lungs there!
When we were in the room with my brother and Joyce and Joyce was holding Ethan, I just had this overwhelming, "Ohmigosh, this is so weird!!!" feeling! They're parents now!!! My parents are grandparents!!! I'm an auntie!!!
I mean, I've been "Auntie Jane" to my cousins' kids (and heck, there's like, 18 of them at this point!) for a long time now--my oldest cousin, Kinney, has a daughter who is 14 or 15--so it's not new to be called that. But, now, there's a little one who will call me that who is the progeny of my brother and sister-in-law.
Joyce's brother, David, and I were standing there the whole time watching Ethan being taken care of, and we were like, "Yeah, you're going to be the best uncle this kid has" and "Well, you're going to be the best auntie this kid has!" hahah =) Nevermind the fact that we're the only blood aunt and uncle this kid will ever have!
Wow, things are never going to be the same again.
My parents are moving down to La Palma in the beginning part of next year to be close to them. In fact, the house they'll be living in is like, about a mile from my brother and sister-in-law's house! That'll be weird--if I ever have dinner with them at their house, I won't be going home. They're planning on living down there for at least 2 years. My dad has said that he wants to live down there until Ethan is old enough that he can drive Ethan to school.
But, they are planning on eventually moving back to Palos Verdes. So I guess that house will eventually become home again. It'll be weird to have someone else living in our house. By the time my parents move out, they will have been living there for 28 years! That's a long time!
Sidebar: The Trojans are up 14-10 at the end of the first quarter!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home